Thursday, July 12, 2007

ZOHO Meeting : Create Meeting - Share Desktop and Chat

I have come across some Web conferencing application (Zohomeeting.com) recently , it is from the zoho suite of office appications. Zoho Meeting lets each member view (zoom in/out) and remotely control the host’s desktop, chat, add participants, email the host, and view meeting details. Chat is handled with Zoho chat (Hope to see VOIP capability in this area) . I'm really impressed with this , for the simple reason because NO Installations required from my part and setting up a meeting is as easy as 3 mouse clicks from my end. Well, here is a learning for all, make it simple for the user , he will surely love it and spread the word ! . It's me right now . I have had altleast 2 meetings a day for about a week now , with my friends in different parts of India and it worked just perfect. You can learn more from here, or here



Some of the pros and cons of zoho meet I have come across,

Pros:
  • Absolutely Free and amazingly fast
  • No Installations required
  • Setting up a meeting is very easy
Cons
  • The presenter has to be on windows.
  • Poor Control over remote(presenter's) machine. I mean , when I request for control over the remote machine, its taking loads and loads of time and integartion with zoho chat is pathetic .
Neverthless , these are still early days for Zoho and I wish them all the best.

2 comments:

kiran darisi said...

One thing i remind u is zoho is not a crawling baby it has its wings open all over the world competing with a search giant (which makes it even popular ;))...As u said chat experience is not good but setting up a session is far better than Webex.One more advantage u missed is u can embed this on any web page available...........

Kiran Darisi

sivapratap said...

@ kiran,

Thanks for the comment. I agree this is far better than webex as i have heard, I have never tried though . Hope you guess why?? You need to download some thing for that to work ;)

Google